FREE for attendees! Offered on two separate dates!
ANDERSON RECREATION CENTER
125 W. WALNUT AVE, LOMPOC
JUNE 3, 2017: 9AM-5PMREGISTER FOR LOMPOC
SHEPARD HALL, SANTA MARIA PUBLIC LIBRARY
421 S. MCCLELLAND ST., SANTA MARIA
JUNE 17, 2017: 9AM-5PMREGISTER FOR SANTA MARIA
Water conversation is not just about "losing the thirsty lawn" and reducing irrigation.
Join us to find out how to create drought resilient landscapes that conserve water, reduce pollution, invite habitat, and are downright gorgeous!
Learn to create gardens that thrive in our local climate, use resources wisely, and look beautiful all year round.
- Understand your garden as a mini-watershed
- Create living soil sponge that holds onto water
- Treat rainwater as an abundant resource
- Choose the right plants for the right place
- Manage irrigration to eliminate waste and runoff
Hands-on Landscape Design
Replace your lawn with a beautiful climate appropriate garden. This interactive workshop helps you design a successful watershed-wise landscape. Learn how to:
- Contour the landscape for maximum rainwater capture
- Create a list of climate-appropriate plants
- Place plants on a property plan according to water needs and key design principles
Brought to you by the Network of Santa Barbara County Water Providers
Free for attendees. Lunch is included. Space is limited. Registration Required.