Various associations train and certify local landscape professionals in efficient
landscape management. Visit the links below to find certified
individuals in your area. While each certified individual has been trained and
tested, Santa Barbara County does not endorse any specific landscape
professional or company. Please note that each list applies to the
individual and his or her employer.
Find a Landscape Professional in your area:
- Green Gardener: This is a localized certification for gardeners who have been trained in water and waste efficiency and pollution prevention landscape maintenance practices.
- Green Gardens Group (G3) Certified Watershed Wise Landscape Professional: G3 Certified Watershed Wise Landscape Professionals have completed a sixteen hour course on irrigation and rainwater use efficiency, passed an examination, submitted a Site Evaluation designed to demonstrate the application of their WWLP training, and maintain annual CEUs in the Watershed Approach to landscaping.
- Irrigation Association Certified Professional: These Professionals have obtained their Expert Water, Basic Water, or Landscape Industry certification by demonstrating high competence of water management through irrigation audits and water budgets.
- EPA WaterSense Certified Professional: Individuals listed in the directory have successfully completed all the requirements of at least one WaterSense labeled professional certification program.
- California Landscape Contractors Association Certified Water Manager: Those who have obtained their certification have learn and applied the latest irrigation technology and techniques, and share a commitment to sound water management and sustainable solutions.
Greywater and Rainwater
- Greywater Installer: These Specialists know how to design and build greywater systems, gardens for rainwater harvesting, and composting toilets.
If you are certified and want to have your name publicly listed or would like to become certified, please refer to the website of the type of certification(s) and/or training(s) you're interested in for more details.