Water Wise Event Details
Date and Time
This event has passed
Permaculture Design Course
Immerse yourself in permaculture in action with this 14-day learning journey! Share in the joy of community learning together and changing the world. Take home the ability to design and apply natural principles to create stable and resilient systems that provide food, water, shelter and energy needs while regenerating ecology, community and economy. The Quail Springs Permaculture Design Course (PDC) includes the 72-hr Permaculture Certification through Permaculture Research Institute.
Permaculture is a conscious integrated design system based on ecology and sustainability principles to create resource efficient and productive human environments and reduce our footprint on the earth. Permaculture provides a framework for consciously designed landscapes that mimic the patterns and relationships found in nature that provide diversity, stability, and resilience. These systems yield an abundance of shelter, water, energy, and food for the provision of local needs.
Topics will be explored:
- Small Scale Food Production
- Integrated Pest Management
- Tree Planting
- Water Harvesting
- Greywater Systems
- Composting Toilet Systems
- Natural Building
- Watershed Restoration
- Appropriate Technology
- Bio Engineering
- Alternative Economics
- Livestock Care
- Goat Milking
- Pastured Poultry
- Cheese Making
- Bread Baking
- Saving the Harvest
- Community Building
- Nature Awareness
- And much more!
- Course Tuition: $1,450 (a deposit of $300 reserves your space with the balance due by October 1)
- Course fee includes: Instruction, three catered farm-fresh meals per day, camping & facilities, and immersion in the Quail Springs community
Discounts: (limit one discount per person – discount codes are not to be applied to a deposit payment)
- Early Bird: $200 discount if paid in full by August 1 (Discount Code: PDCEBIRD)
- PDC Refresher: $200 discount for participants who have already taken a full PDC (Discount Code: PDCFRESH)
- Bring A Friend: $150 (each) discount for couples or friends attending the course together (Discount Code: PDC4TWO)
- Group & Family: For groups of 3 or more attending the course together, please contact us below
- Financial aid: Payment plans and limited partial scholarships (based on low income / financial need & intention to use the training) available by application. We actively support diverse leaders in bringing their unique perspectives to this program through additional financial support as needed. We welcome those self-identifying as a person of color, LGBTQ+, indigenous, and persons working for global justice who have highly limited means. Please contact us below for more information.
- Before September 1, 2017: Full refund, excluding $100 cancellation fee.
- September 1 – October 1, 2017: Partially Refundable, $300 deposit non refundable.
- After October 1, 2017: No refunds available.
- In case of a valid personal medical or family emergency, we will consider, yet do not guarantee, requests for a transfer of fees (less course deposit) to another PDC with Quail Springs.
To apply or for more information click here.
Quail Springs, CA